Friday, May 7, 2010

She's Moving!

Pi is mobile! She is crawling like a champ (when I let her on the floor). I am currently preparing for a garage sale, and our floor has many items on it that it normally would not. Thankfully, she is content in the exersaucer for a little while, so that is helpful. Just 10 days ago she was not moving at all, and now she is crawling properly, even on our hardwood floor. Way to go, Pi!

Our meeting in January went well. I think there is always a little apprehension when you meet for the first time, but it went well, and I can see it going well for a lifetime. Our phone contact has not been the greatest lately because she uses a prepay phone. I never know when she will have minutes and when she won't. God has seen fit to involve a mutual 3rd party in our relationship. A friend we have had for many years just befriended Matrices in about November of 2009, without knowing her connection to us. Amazing! So, even in those months that I cannot make a phone call, I can still make sure Matrices is okay and let her know of milestones Pi has met.

We have another meeting this month. Wanna know why? Because Pi is turning 1 this month!!! Can you believe it? So, Matrices will be at Pi's first birthday party. I've always been one who thinks big events for the 1st birthday are kinda pointless, since the guest of honor will not remember it, but I am eating my words this year. We are inviting everybody to Pi's birthday party as we celebrate not just her 1st birthday, but her life and her presence in our family. I had hoped she would be walking by then, but she just started crawling last week, so I'm pretty sure she won't be walking.

Hopefully I can remember to come to this blog more regularly in order to update. I find some blogs so useful and touching, and I had always hoped that would be me someday. Can't really hope for that when I don't even update it!

2 comments:

April said...

Having a friend befriend Pi's birthmom is amazing! Have a great birthday party!

April said...

Here's a little reminder to update your blog. It's been far too long!